Gratuitous Retexture – Soap (1024×1024)
Gratuitous Retexture – Soap
Any textures that are part of the “Gratuitous Retexture” series are, for the most part, ridiculously gratuitous. A 4k spoon? SURE! Fancy a cup o’ tea in a fancy 4k mug with totally non needed but 100% needed extra detail? SURE! (These are just examples, they may have or may not have been retextured by me).
Basically, what I am trying to say is… This is done mainly for me to hone my texturing skills. Please do not complain that you can not see any real “up-res” of the new texture. I get it, I can’t either… But there are some hardcore peeps out there that just want to wash themselves with high-res soap, and I shall not reject them that! Oh, and I also release PSD files if you wish to edit them yourself. Praise Vault-Tec!
How to install:
1. Locate your Fallout 4 Data folder (example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data)
2. Open up the “.zip” file you downloaded
3. Drag&drop the “textures” folder from the “.zip” file to the “Data” folder you opened.
4. If you haven’t already, open your “Fallout4.ini” file inside your favourite text editor (example: C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Fallout4\Fallout4.ini). Find the line named “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\”. Replace that entire string with (without quotes): “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\”.
5. (Optional) Pat yourself on the back.
v1.0 – Initial upload
Got a texture that you think will fit the Gratuitous Retexture series? Let me know!