Piper’s Trench Coat – Blue and Black
Since there’s a lot of outfit retextures out in black, gray, and brown, I thought I’d throw a little color into the wasteland.
I splashed some dark blue onto Piper’s coat, darkening her scarf to a dark gray as well. It was originally going to be a personal-use mod, but I thought, eh, what the heck, it’s my first attempt at retexturing these types of meshes and I liked how it turned out, so I figured I’d see what others thought.
1. If you haven’t done so yet, open your Fallout4.ini .. (Documents\My Games\Fallout4\) and find this line: “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\” (without quotes). But if you’ve done this part, ignore all that and feel free to link me the shame nun.
2. Replace that line with “sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\”.
3. Go to your Fallout 4 Data folder, and pop my “clothes” folder into your “textures” folder.
4. Load up the game and find Piper and/or add her clothes to your inventory through the console. She wears the red trench coat.
5. Leave me feedback, advice, criticism, thinly veiled insults, doge memes, ect. in the comments! I like doing retextures, and I started out on Dragon Age: Origins, so obviously I haven’t had much experience with the newer stuff. Just, you know, be nice about it and don’t tempt the mods to smiting and all that.