Visible Companion Affinity
WHAT IT DOES
This is my first attempt to mod Fallout 4 by scripting. With this mod I achieved something I wanted to do since I started playing this game. It does pretty much what the title says: every time your actions affect the affinity level of your companions, the vanilla notifications are now expanded with the current affinity rate and the amount that it is reduced or increased by.
As of v2.0 affinity can also be checked through the companion relationship dialogue choice! Watch the demo video below!
The affinity scale of -1100 to 1100 is fitted to a percentage scale of -110% to 110%, see below:
Affinity 500.00 = 50.0%
Affinity 1100.00 = 110.0%
Affinity -1100.00 = -110.0%
Affinity 999.00 = 99.9%
Strong liked that. Affinity: 87.5% (+1.5%)
X6-88 hated that. Affinity: 64.0% (-10.0%)
MacCready admires you. Affinity: 100.00% (+10.0%)
Curie idolizes you. Affinity: 110.0% (+10.0%)
– Affinity can also be checked through the companion relationship dialogue choice!
– French translation corrected by MysterTroll.
– A lot more language options. See below.
– New default display mode: Showing Affinity as percentage value with one decimal place.
– New optional display mode 1 – “No Decimals”: Showing Affinity as rounded percentage value without decimals.
– New optional display mode 2 – “Affinity points”: Showing the exact Affinity value.
– Russian and Spanish language options packed together in one file with the rest.
– FOMOD installer
– German translation by Anokius & raanubis.
– Italian translation by steakhutzeee.
– Norwegian translation by HEONilssen.
– Russian translation by SlayeRFCSM.
– Spanish translation by Julixg.
– French translation by MysterTroll
HOW TO INSTALL
Extract the contents of the rar file to your Fallout4/data folder.
Enable VisibleCompanionAffinity.esp using a mod manager or manually.
Ensure these lines appear in either your Fallout4Prefs.ini or Fallout4Custom.ini:[Archive] bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
If you have trouble installing mods, check these tutorials by Gopher:
– Enabling Mods for FALLOUT 4
– FALLOUT 4: Installing Mods on PC (MANUALLY)
– This mod is 100% compatible with No Affinity Cooldown by therickyhorrorshow.
– This mod is 100% compatible with No Negative Affinity by therickyhorrorshow if you have Visible Companion Affinity (my mod) in the load order before No Negative Affinity.
Note: if NNA is before VCA in the load order, then you’ll still have two completely working mods, but you will see notifications of “disliked” and “hated” effects with no actual affinity change (+0%) in the top left corner of the screen.
HOW TO USE IN THE GAME
There’s not much to do really. Install it, start the game, and it works.
Every time your actions affect the affinity level of your companions, the vanilla notifications are now expanded with the current affinity rate and the amount that it is reduced or increased by. As of v2.0 affinity can also be checked through the companion relationship dialogue choice! Works only with your current companion. The message box shows up right after the companion said how he/she feels about you.
Here’s the first ever mod review covering one of my mods. Many thanks to Tyrannicon for that! Check out his YouTube channel! His Fallout 4 playthrough with 111 mods features the mighty Throthgar teleported straight from Skyrim, it’s extremely hilarious! 🙂
Fallout 4 Mod Review 43 by Mr. VatiWah also features my mod, thank you Sir! Check out VatiWah’s YouTube channel for more Fallout 4 and Skyrim mod reviews, espceially if you’re into mods of the slooty kind!
Awesome Mods Weekly #9 by Fonnie Dro also features my mod, and it shows the latest feature introduced in v2.0, thank you for that! Subscribe to his channel for more Fallout 4 mod reviews!
And another review I found recently, Fallout 4 Mods: Week 16 by Disbeat Gaming also features Visible Companion Affinity. Thank you much!
Pixel Dynamo also featured my mod recently. Thank you for it!
None at the moment.
B.A.E. – Bethesda Archive Extractor
Automation Tools for TES5Edit
fireundubh’s xEdit Scripts
Champollion PEX to Papyrus Decompiler
Python Script for Notepad++
Caprica Papyrus Compiler
CHECK OUT MY OTHER MODS