Better Coursers Pack
Better Coursers Pack V1.0 (4K)
Ever thought that Coursers didn’t look quite bad ass enough? This mod fixes that.
Optional Red version added.
A. WHAT IS THIS MOD?
This mod simply replaces 3 existing textures and will also provide some basic info on companion / npc customisation.
If you haven’t already, edit your fallou4.ini file
It can be found in:
Find this line:
And change it to:
sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, MESH\
Extract the textures folder to the fallout 4 data folder:
C. WHICH TEXTURES ARE REPLACED?
1. Courser Armour – Replaced with all black 4K textures, featuring ‘glowing’ blue embellishments.
2. Green Hood – Replaced with all black 4K textures.
3. Amber Eyes – Replaced with blue ‘Synth Eyes’.
D. HOW DO I GET MY CHARACTER TO LOOK LIKE THE PICS?
1. EYES – Simply head to any surgeon / surgery chair and change your eye color to “Amber”
2. FACE – Select extras in the surgery chair and slap on as many white ‘Face Paint’ designs as you need.
E. HOW DO I GET MY COMPANION TO LOOK LIKE THE PICS?
1. Have your companion close by, preferably looking directly at them and open the console ( ~ )
2. With the console open, click on your companion. You should see a NPC ID pop up. It will look something like this (000b1419).
3. Now type “slm [COMPANION ID]” without the quotes and hit enter. EG. slm 000b1419
4. After a very brief delay you should see the looks menu pop up on the screen.
5. Close the console and go to town.
6. Be sure to select “Amber Eyes”
7. You can do this with any NPCs 🙂
In console ( ~ ) type “tai” without the quotes to toggle the selected npc’s ai off to make it ALOT easier to get close and edit them. Remeber to turn ai back on by typing “tai” with the npc selected!
In console ( ~ ) type “tfc” without the quotes to Toggle Free Cam” so you can get an even better view. Typing “tfc” again will turn off freecam.
IMPORTANT – Editing companions with multiple forms (ala Curie) is a bit more complex. See this Video for details.
F. WHAT IF ONLY WANT TO USE ONE OF THE ITEMS?
1. There are three folders in the download; “actors”, “armor” and “clothes”
2. “actors” contains the eyes, “armor” contains the hood and “clothes” contains the courser armour.
3. Simply delete the folders you don’t want
G. IMPORTANT NOTES
1. Non-Companion NPC Coursers will simply have their armour replaced. They WILL NOT automatically get the Blue Synth Eyes.
2. These are replacements, so will apply to all instances of “Amber Eyes”, Courser Armor” and “Green Hood”
2. I plan to keep working on this and learn more and more about modding.