Blue or Red Plasma
Simply a mesh swap by renaming the ones used by the Plasma rifle/pistol shot for the (IMHO much prettier) Alien Blaster pistol blue one.
Unzip to your data folder as per standard for these types of simple replacers.
Does not alter the damage/speed etc of the plasma rifle/pistol shot just the looks.
Managed to cobble together a passable red version, added to files.
As replacers its either red or blue not both, I’ll possibly work on an esp version once I figure out how to do things in FO4edit.
The crit kill effect(ash pile in this case) behaves a little oddly and will still leave a bit of the old goo tile behind.
1. Go to your: documents\My Games\Fallout4
2. Open Fallout4.ini
3. Find the line: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\
4. Change it too: sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, MESHES\ if its not there already from previous modding
5. Open Fallout4Prefs.ini
6. At the bottom find the line that says [LAUNCHER] – or add the line if its not there
7. Add the line: bEnableFileSelection=1 (under the [LAUNCHER] section)
Texture used on the gun is from GarnetSan